Friday, January 06, 2006

Compulsive licking

Tyler has many compulsive behaviors. One of these is licking. He licks the kitchen floor (half of his shed hairs are in his belly for this reason). He licks the carpet. He licks my boyfriend's head in a rhythmic, meticulous pattern and will not stop until he has "washed" every nook and cranny behind the ears, around the eyebrows, etc. He licks my legs when I emerge from the shower. He also eats just about anything he finds that will fit in his mouth. His favorite thing is tissue paper he finds in the trash and I’ve gotten really paranoid about that since I started using this nasal spray which contains a steroid (for allergies). So… those tissues go in the tall trash can! Cause I don’t know what happens to a pug on steroids, but would rather not find out for his sake and for ours.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Sniffles said...

I think licking is absolutely fabulous. I, myself, am a hearty and consistent licker. It's so much fun! And mommies seem to get all gooey eyed when we do it which means lots of rubs behind the ears.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Hi:

It was furry nice of you to stop by and say such nice things bout little me! Thank you! You are one cute pug but be careful whatcha eat. Oh, and maybe your mom isnt washing good enough and that is why you need to help her, tell her that.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Batpug said...

I was on steroids for awhile. Had to bulk up to fight crime, you know.

6:52 PM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Tyler obviously likes things clean. ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

8:16 PM  
Blogger Amy in NC said...

Knightly licked the carpet when I moved into the apartment. It made things interesting when I cleaned the litter box. Other than that, the cats just keep themselves really clean.

The Monsters' Mom

4:26 PM  
Blogger Loren said...

Arliss is into the "icky licky" too! Arliss The Pug: Icky Licky

5:04 PM  
Blogger Punchbugpug said...

What is it about this licking????? Chloe licks and licks and licks. Sometimes I just cover my ears - it is crazy. She especially loves to lick pillows and heads and faces. They must be missing some vitamin in their little Puggy diets!

4:14 PM  
Blogger ~ said...

I thought it was just me that licked all over...

~whimsy
whimsydog.blogspot.com

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home