Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Success story in progress

For friends who expressed concern about the wind blowing me away last night, it's okay. Really. A little bit of wind ain't got nothin' on this gigantic ass.

But that's all in the process of changing. Inspired by The Drunken Lagomorph, I declare myself officially back on Weight Watchers.

I stopped going to WW and have put back on half the pounds I lost. It's sickening to work that hard, give up so much of what one lives and breathes for, and then let it all go to hell. Sticking with it is MUCH more worth it than a can of Cheerwine. Or that fourth slice of pizza. Or the half a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts in one sitting. That's it. Starting now, I am back to the healthy me.

I know what you're thinking. That it's easy to say this now when my stomach is aching and stretched from a huge portion of Lexington barbecue, fries, hush puppies and, um...extra fries. That I'll go back to my old ways tomorrow when some co-worker brings in fresh cinnamon crunch bagels and cream cheese. (And it NEVER fails. The bagels and donuts always surface at work the day after I resolve to be healthy again.) But really, I am so tired of feeling nauseous and miserable after a pig-out session. Enough of this. ENOUGH!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have high hopes for the BOTH of us! :)

So, when are you starting? I'm still waiting for my medifast "food" to arrive. It should be here by Monday I hope, so I may start next week.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krispy Kreme has only been in Australia for the past 2 years or so... and now I've never met a Krispy Kreme I could say no to!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Puggyspice said...

Thanks, ladies! I have high hopes too. Okay, um... didn't do so well on avoiding nibbles from the candy dish at work today. However, I kept both hands away from the Snickers basket. :-) Baby steps, right?

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home