Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Not enough junk in the trunk

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. A bit going on right now, and part of that is the house is full of so much accumulated STUFF that it is overwhelming and just a big chaotic mess. Boxes, stacks, piles of STUFF everywhere! Most of this is STUFF that is covered in dust because I don't use it, and when I do need it, don't know where to find it!

A significant portion of the STUFF is clothing. After reading several articles, I feel past the stages of keeping things that are multiple sizes too small, hoping to fit into them again "one day." So the jeans from high school finally went on their merry way last summer. But...

I have the hardest time getting rid of STUFF for various reasons, especially sentimental ones. Like, there were several nightgowns that I occassionally wear, but they were full of holes and from 1994. I didn’t want to get rid of them because they were from my grandmother who passed away, but they were full of holes and all stretched out! So - those finally had to go.

Question for y'all: What do you do with old t-shirts that are very comfy and all stretched out that are only good for sleeping in? I keep them, of course! But how many of these does one need? Does a person really need a few dozen of them?! So I got rid of the most raggedy looking ones, and am hoping now I will wear the other ones more. I did find some new shirts that had been buried in the mess and forgotten about, so those can finally get some wear.

But it’s hard getting rid of even the old raggedy t-shirts, even knowing there is no worry about running out of stuff to sleep in. What about all those concert t-shirts that never get worn anymore because they are so long, yet seemingly too snug to be slept in? The t-shirt from the first Tori Amos concert I ever went to, which has yellow stains on the underarms and doesn't get worn... I just couldnt' get rid of it. Blah, blah blah, the list goes on and on! You would be ASHAMED if you saw the mess I kept. Only got rid of three bags full of clothes, and “bags” are those little handheld plastic ones like you get at the grocery store or Walmart. Maybe about 15 garments altogether going to Goodwill. And about 4 or 5 t-shirts with holes ended up in the trash. Not a very impressive spring cleaning, considering I spent an entire day on it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

Throw it all out! Go buy some fun new jammies from Old Navy and get rid of all those gangy t-shirts. Yes, your first Tori Amos concert was fun, but do you can't keep that pit stained shirt forever! Throw it out, and you'll never think about it again! Just start tossing - don't think about it too much, or you'll keep everything!

9:41 AM  
Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

I use those t-shirts for dust rags and bunny distruction toys. Orlando just had a heck of a good time digging to pieces my old Rick Springfield shirt from a concert in 1981!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I don't know! I am partial all my old t-shirts. Especially concert shirts because they are memories! I say keep 'em - how much room can they really take up?

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love old tees for pajamas but also noticed that when I do that, I turn into a bit of slob...Good Norman Featherstone is right, toss everything and get some cute matching jammies. If you are good with the sewing machine, take the old vintage tees and cut them up to make cute vintage tanks, hoodies, for your Puggies! :)

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi folks, this is PUGMASTER checking in. remember, when its time to breed your pugs give your female a test run first. put her in a pink tutu and give her a spin! if your female tries to bite you, remember it is only out of affection. tell her you love her back with a swift kick to the genitals.

then, when it is the BIG DAY, prepare your male pug by feeding him a mixture of chocolate and pure cocaine, then put him in the washing machine to await his bride to be. put in the female pug, fill the washer with water, rattlesnakes, and leeches, then put it on spin. when you hear screaming and yelping you will know that THE MAGIC HAS BEGUN!

when your female gives birth, remember to send all stillborn pugs in an envelope to your local pug rescue.

PUGMASTER, out!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

I know there is at least one company that will take your old t-shirts and make you a quilt out of the fronts... all stitched together! What a fun thing to cover up with at night too.... breathes a new life into them. Hey I'm only a year late with this comment... not bad, eh? Carol

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home