Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Poignant yet pointless crisis of a grad student

Until yesterday, I had not set foot in a campus classroom since 2002 when I left grad school. Well technically I did go to a campus in 2003 for a notary class, but that's useless trivia. Anyway, yesterday marked my return to grad school.

There's been a lot of excitement leading up to this. Now, there is just the realization that I am still crazy. If you consider taking a class so far away that more time is spent in the car than actually in class. And if you consider how many textbooks I could purchase with the money spent on gas.

I wish I could say I didn't think about these things. Alas, I did think about them. I pondered dozens of reasons not to go back. One class was enough. Yesterday at the last minute, I decided to take TWO classes. They meet on different nights. Even with all these very good and valid reasons not to do this, I foolishly chose to do it anyway.

God, what an idiot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Diva Kitty said...

Good luck! Mom wants to know what you're getting your MA/MBA in...

3:17 PM  
Blogger JueDee said...

RYN: I'm in Kaiserslautern, which is where Ramstein and Landstuhl hospital are, which you may be familiar with from the news.
How does your friend like Bamberg? If you ever go visit, you'll definetly have to drop by here to say hi, and let me take you out for lunch.

5:47 AM  
Blogger JueDee said...

Good luck with those classes! Just hang in there, and once you're done with it, it'll be worth it.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Puggyspice said...

Diva Kitty: Thanks, I'm gonna need it! I'm going for my M.A. in Counseling, with possible certification in addictions or expressive arts therapy. We'll see. If I don't have a nervous breakdown this semester. *crosses fingers*

JueDee: It would rock to have lunch with you! And to meet the kids (bun and human of course). Linda has said good things about Bamberg. I haven't visited, but am hoping to in the next couple of years.

Thanks for the encouragement re: classes. You're right, and heck the semester only goes through mid-November. The stress is intense, but short term. :)

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home