Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Poignant yet pointless crisis of a grad student

Until yesterday, I had not set foot in a campus classroom since 2002 when I left grad school. Well technically I did go to a campus in 2003 for a notary class, but that's useless trivia. Anyway, yesterday marked my return to grad school.

There's been a lot of excitement leading up to this. Now, there is just the realization that I am still crazy. If you consider taking a class so far away that more time is spent in the car than actually in class. And if you consider how many textbooks I could purchase with the money spent on gas.

I wish I could say I didn't think about these things. Alas, I did think about them. I pondered dozens of reasons not to go back. One class was enough. Yesterday at the last minute, I decided to take TWO classes. They meet on different nights. Even with all these very good and valid reasons not to do this, I foolishly chose to do it anyway.

God, what an idiot.

2 Comments:

Blogger DK & The Fluffies said...

Good luck! Mom wants to know what you're getting your MA/MBA in...

3:17 PM  
Blogger Puggyspice said...

Diva Kitty: Thanks, I'm gonna need it! I'm going for my M.A. in Counseling, with possible certification in addictions or expressive arts therapy. We'll see. If I don't have a nervous breakdown this semester. *crosses fingers*

JueDee: It would rock to have lunch with you! And to meet the kids (bun and human of course). Linda has said good things about Bamberg. I haven't visited, but am hoping to in the next couple of years.

Thanks for the encouragement re: classes. You're right, and heck the semester only goes through mid-November. The stress is intense, but short term. :)

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home