Thursday, July 21, 2005

Tyler the Tenacious!

Most work days, Tyler likes to lay in bed with me while I hit snooze repeatedly. But Tuesday I got up immediately. He followed me into the bathroom and laid down, flat on the floor and looked up at me with a pitiful expression while I relieved my bladder. You probably had to be there to really see how cute that was. (I'm kind of glad you weren't there.)

...

On the other hand, he wasn’t cute last night when he kept scratching the door. I’d take him out, in the lightning and rain, and he would not potty. Soon as we came back in, he scratched the door. So I took him out and walked him to the cul de sac, and he would not do anything but stand in the road and stare blankly at me. Then we got inside, and he scratched the door again. Meanwhile the sky was ablaze with lightning, and our satellite has lost its signal because of the weather. So I wasn't too thrilled to keep going outside, knowing that any second I could turn into a strip of fried bacon on the pavement and be eaten by my dog.

Oh, he knew what he was doing! He wanted his nightly walk. He has come to expect this and will hold in his poop until we do what he wants. But every time, he holds it longer and longer. We didn’t want to walk him in the storm last night, but we did. And the whole time we were out there, he didn’t even squat! Grrrrr…. Then we got back to our part of the street and he pooped.

He's REALLY lucky he's so cute.

...

Maybe all the antics Tyler has pulled make us love him more than we would have otherwise. Lately his overall behavior has been better, but as with most pugs, his stubbornness is a trait for life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Puggyspice said...

OMG, that is so funny you said that because I was thinking the same thing while writing this entry. But I looked it up and he's an Aries - born April 14th. So just a little bit away from being a Taurus, but not off by much!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home