Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Brrrrrrrrrr...

Usually I am late for work. Mostly, I do not have an excuse. Today I had an excuse. When I went outside to warm up the car, the door would not allow my key to enter the lock. When I got past the barrier of frost and turned the lock, the door was frozen shut! Five minutes and 2 liters of tap water later, I finally got into the driver side door, cranked the car, turned on the defroster and closed the door. However, I wanted to get into the passenger door also because in desperation I had also gone around to that side trying to get the door open, so I wasn't sure if it was 100% closed or what would happen once the frost thawed. Alas, warm tap water did not budge the darn thing and the passenger door never would open.

I went back into the house to pick up my lunch and purse, returned to the car and, once again, the door was frozen shut. Stupid! Why did you close the door once you got it open? Did it not occur to you that the water you poured on the door might freeze it shut again? Grrrr. So, I went back into the house for more water, poured it on the door, tossed the empty bottle aside, and got in the car. Finally!

Ten minutes and several miles later, I heard an airy, swishing sound. NOW the passenger door decides to start opening. Lovely! And on the highway going 55 mph in 8:00 traffic towards downtown, there was absolutely no way I could just reach over and correct the problem. Thankfully, the door never fully opened, and I was able to close it properly after pulling into the post office lot. At least the passenger door is still attached, unlike the mirror, but that is another story for another day.

*sigh*
This would have been a good day to stay in bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

That's too scary...

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home