Friday, October 21, 2005

Last year at this time

Last year at this time you were here.
Mom and I anxiously considered options for your treatment.
Remove the lump and hope for the best? Chemo? Radiation?
We wanted so much to know what decision was right for you.
A fleeting thought - I wished we didn't have to make such a decision.

Today, I would give anything to be faced with that choice again.
To have you here, to hold you, to sleep with you at my feet.
To pick you up carefully so as not to disturb a fresh set of stitches.
To cry because any treatment option could be the wrong one for you.
To weigh pros and cons and wonder which doctor to trust.

I wish I could go through all that frustration and worrying again.
Because it would mean you were still here.
I miss you with all my heart, sweet Puggy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Weary Hag said...

Today must surely be a tough day for you. Sending you warm wishes and a blog hug.

Those decisions are some of the toughest we will ever have to face. The important thing is not to blame ourselves.

Sorry for your loss!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Anisa said...

aw! this is such a moving post...i can really tell how much of an animal lover you are. any pet of yours is a lucky one!!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Puggyspice said...

Thank you all for your hugs and comments. Sorry I have not replied sooner - was out of town for the weekend and then had classes the past two days. Your thoughts are appreciated. And Orlando, thank you for the nose kisses. I'm sending you a half-hour ear rub!

2:43 PM  
Blogger IndyPindy said...

Oh, that post made me get tears in my eyes. I'm so sorry your puggy is gone. My mommy still misses her kitty that she had for 21 years. Lots of hugs.

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home