Monday, October 10, 2005

Fifteen seconds of fame

Thanks to Anisa for reminding me.

From elementary school through high school, I was always the last person selected for team activities. It started out with Red Rover and tug-of-war, and eventually happened with kickball, basketball and volleyball. Oh, the HORROR stories from volleyball in sophomore P.E. class. I really hated P.E.

Alas, one day, our class (all female) was paired with the senior guys' class for a game of touch football. And... after catching a ball passed by the cutest guy there... I scored a touchdown!!! My team cheered. The cute guy smiled. The moment was surreal. And for just a few seconds, I didn't hate P.E. anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anisa said...

isn't it funny how those few seconds stay with us forever? great story. :)

9:17 AM  
Blogger Weary Hag said...

Good for you - showing those other kids a lesson! I always hated PE too and never went in for sports. I did, however, always try to befriend all the "loser" kids who never got picked for anything. Especially since I was one of them!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home